A Journey With Table Tennis: Why the Start?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Why the Start?

This is not the first time I have a blog. It is just that I have decided to set up a blog dedicated to writing about table tennis, a sport which I have played for perhaps more than 'half my life'.

Personally, I feel that my experience with playing table tennis has been extremely valuable. It has really helped me to grow as a person, holistically. Hence, I hope to share the experiences which I still remember(hopefully most of them, if not all) by sharing them here with anyone who is interested. Even if no one is interested, I think that writing them here would be great to remind myself of those 'glorious days' and perhaps 10, 20, 30, 40, ... years down the road I may just chance upon this blog and reminisce on those days.

Another motivation for me to write this blog is this - I have started coaching recently at a primary school and the young students really reminded me of what I went through about a decade ago, when I was around their age. Perhaps one day, some of them may just chance upon this and get to know more about the experiences of 'someone else' who travelled this path. Indeed, they are a source of motivation for the start of this blog.

7 Comments:

At Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:20:00 AM, Blogger Deirdre said...

I wish i could be like u,being able to playa sports that u like.And the first comment was posted by me-Yi Le

 
At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:27:00 AM, Blogger 1nspired said...

Thanks for your comment, Yi Le. I do hope that you will discover your interest in TT some day.

What do you enjoy doing actually?

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Deirdre said...

I enjoy art but join TT first as i had no CCA at that time. If i know that there will be PT, i may not have join it. And i become a school team player without me noticing.

 
At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:45:00 AM, Blogger 1nspired said...

Hey Yi Le, you are good that is why you made it to the school team. Does that make sense? (",)

Can I say that what you do not like is actually the PT, and not TT? If this is true, I think it is alright because it means that you do feel a bit for TT after all?

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 3:20:00 AM, Blogger Deirdre said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 3:22:00 AM, Blogger Deirdre said...

I think you are right. I do enjoy tt but i think its quite tiring lor!

 
At Monday, January 16, 2006 4:13:00 AM, Blogger 1nspired said...

Its tiring because its a sport! If its not tiring, then maybe its not a sport? ;) That reminds me, you enjoy art... hopefully I will have the chance to see your art pieces some day.

Anyway, were you sad/angry after training last Saturday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home