A Journey With Table Tennis: Sick

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sick

Sick of everything at the moment. Gave the issue some thought and it seems like it can be quite tricky. Someone may get offended in the process. Don't know what is the best way to tackle it. Just wish I could escape from all these. At times I feel like quitting but of course many factors are holding me back, mainly the strong support and encouragement that I have been receiving all these while. Most importantly, the bonds that have been forged...

It becomes a problem for me when others interfere too much into what I do(this is certainly also true in general). This is further worsened when the other party is very defensive of every idea he or she has and when I really can't agree with the idea. Because I don't wish to offend others, I often just keep quiet after he or she has done all the 'defense' and when I see that there is really no room for further discussion. In a nutshell, he/she is the king and you are just supposed to follow the instructions that have been given. But it becomes a moral dilemma for me... for I had already discussed with the relevant in-charge to ensure that our 'ideals' are in line. Then there is a direction to work towards and it is clearer what I should do and what I shouldn't.

Alas, some people just love to act like the boss, without consulting others. All they do is to tell you what to do, and gets defensive once you try to initiate a discussion. What is the point then? If the ideas are somewhat contradictory of the intended 'direction', then how am I supposed to follow it? Of course everyone has his or her own merits which others may lack. Definitely I need to admit that I do not have all the ideas in the world and others' ideas do come in useful and I do consider each of them seriously and some of them I actually do agree completely too. However, I would really appreciate if others could also just give me the room and freedom to implement my own ideas. How would you feel if others do not give you the opportunity to carry out what you wish to do and instead tells you precisely to do this and that? The word is RESPECT. Give others due respect... No matter what we do in life, I see it a NEED to give others respect and trust that others know how to do their jobs well. There is really no need to try to make everything go YOUR way. It is like doing a project... there needs to be a lot of mutual respect among the team members, otherwise things will just go awful.

Sometimes, others' communication styles baffle me too. I recalled wondering why that person was giving me his/her ideas on who should be the main players when actually the decision is and will not made by me. All I did was to let him/her know the in-charge's ideas... but once again, he/she kinda 'insisted' on his/her own ideas. Then tell me for what? Why don't tell the 'right' person straight?

I really never expected so much **** to arise... All I had expected was to do my job well and go home happy. Nevertheless, it is just so right to say that with expectations come disappointment.

Often, it is sad to discover that friends you have 'known' for a long time actually show a different side only years later, for reasons you simply can't comprehend. I just wish I'm wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home