A Journey With Table Tennis: IT Starts Tomorrow!

Monday, June 26, 2006

IT Starts Tomorrow!

Finally, the 'long-awaited' nationals is here. It kicks off tomorrow, with the girls' team having to play 2 important matches. Trained with them today and on the whole I think they are doing fine. I do not know what happened, but today YR won K 3-1 and YL won JM 3-0(if I didn't remember wrongly). On one hand I am glad that YR and YL have improved(I believe they have...) to be able to beat their 'seniors'. On the other hand, I can't help but worry that our 'supposedly better' players are not in tip-top condition.

In any case, I think I should just look forward to the matches and not worry unnecessarily. Also, I hope that YL recovers soon. She fell sick yesterday but yet still came for training today. I asked her to have more rest and play less but she herself wanted to practise her doubles. Was certainly glad to see that.

Looking forward to watching them play tomorrow, though I haven't quite figured out which roads I should take to get to the venue(CF Pri).

On another note, While training with S, K, JM, WL, and J today, I couldn't help but realise that its probably one of the last few times I'll be training with them. Very soon(depending on whether or not they get into the next round), it will be time for them to hang up their bats and concentrate on preparing for their PSLE. After that, it would be time for them to move on to the next phase of their lives in secondary schools. I hope that they will all make it into their dream secondary schools and if they were to continue playing table tennis, I hope that they will continue to improve and do their new school proud. Most importantly, I hope that they have had no regrets joining the NH table tennis team and have enjoyed the game thus far despite my trainings being kinda strict and boring. =P

Before I head to bed, here's wishing the players all the best for tomorrow!

4 Comments:

At Monday, July 03, 2006 5:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone- not even the pri 3,4,5 will regret joining NH TT team. It is here that we found joys and it is the only place where we can relax and play or even vent our fustration.How i wish that we will forever not grow up then we can stay in NH TT team From when it first started. How i wish we can all save our memories in a blog and all of us will know the username and password. After joining TT, i know that i've not made the wrong choice.

P.S. It will be up to u to guess who i am.

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 5:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope u don't find me long winded!=P

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 6:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are u Coffee(Moeka)???

 
At Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home