A Journey With Table Tennis: My 'Childhood BF'

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My 'Childhood BF'

Throughout my years of playing table tennis, I got to know many people and I guess I would like to write an entry about a particular childhood table tennis friend of mine. I must say that even though I've made many 'friends' through table tennis, sadly, not all of them were nice to me. I've been hurt by many along the way... but thats besides the point for now as I have more exciting stuff to rant about. =P

Met up with my 'childhood bf' for dinner yesterday evening. Its been a few months since I last met him, with it taking place in the hospital. His lungs had collapsed then. It was really heart wrenching to see him lying on the hospital bed. So glad that the whole ordeal is more or less over for him already and that he will soon be leaving for the United States for his University education.

Well, why was he considered my 'childhood bf'? Just like those kids, I too had my fair share of *that kinda fun* years ago... which obviously isn't THAT long ago(Remember... I'm young~ =P). It all started when we were in sec 2(but we had already gotten to know each other since primary 3). We went on a 17-day training cum competition trip to Bangkok together and started to get teased about being together in the midst of the trip. How long did that teasing last? *counts* Not 1 year, not 2 years, but 3 years(or even more)!

Wouldn't go into too much detail about the teasings as they no longer matter to us now. Shall also omit the details about what were the things we did then and what exactly happened. Otherwise this entry would become too boring and even typing it would make me want to click on the 'x' at the top right hand corner of my screen. Will only mention the stuff that are most worth mentioning... which is also what we reminisced about last night over dinner.

It happened when we were in our first year of college. We were both selected to represent the country in the SEA Junior championship. We got to stay in a hotel during that period of time. One night, he came over to my room for a chat while my room mate was over at another room with the other girls who were about her age(they were 2-3 years younger than we were). After our long chat, he decided to go back to his room for a sleep, only to realise that his naughty teammates(the younger boys) had latched the door and refused to let him in because they wanted him to just stay over in my room. The next thing I knew, my room mate also told me that she wanted to sleep over at the other room that night. So... ermmm... *ARGH* But wait... she wanted to get her blanket and pillow over. So what did we do?

We already knew what they had *hoped* we were doing, so we played along. We latched the door and pretended that we were busy doing what they were thinking... then tried to sound irritated when they asked for this and that. First we passed her the pillow through the small opening between the latch and the door. Next, we squeezed the blanket through that opening. Phew... all was done. They stopped disturbing us for a while.

A few minutes later, I guess curiosity got the better of them. They called and asked us to pass them some toilet paper... so again, through that small opening, we passed the toilet paper to them. It was such a lame reason but well, we still played along.

They left us alone after that, with us wondering how we were going to spend the night. I had better stop the story here without any further elaboration, otherwise things would go out of hand. =P

Those were simply the good old days... I miss all the 'innocent fun' I had then. ;)

I treasure this innocent friendship a lot and I still keep what he gave me on my 15th birthday(how many years ago was that???) right in front of his mum! Below is a photo of it... Promise that you don't laugh. =P




So... my message to all the 'younger ones' is... treasure all the teasings that you are getting now. In the blink of an eye, all these will pass and I hope that when its time to look back, you will think back on those moments and smile to yourself just as I do now. =)

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 8:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish that u have fun with ur BF:>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home